Friday, June 3, 2011

I'm Here!

Hey! This is my first post, so I'm not really sure exactly what I'm going to do yet for this blog. But its my second day in Europe, more specifically in Switzerland. I've been staying in Bern with a friend of my mom's, but we went to Interlaken and to the top of a mountain today. I'm not exactly sure what it was called, so when I post pictures I can include the name (I have it on the brochure which is somewhere...). It was 10,000ft. tall and we had to take 4 cable cars to get to the top. When we got there it was a little foggy/cloudy, but the views were still incredible! And there was a rotating restaurant at the top which was pretty cool. The whole restaurant and gift shop was James Bond themed--they shot part of On Her Majesty's Secret Service there, but that was back in 1969. Then we went to Interlaken, which is mostly a tourist town. Tonight we're having fondue for dinner!

View of Bern from the Clock Tower!

A picture I took from the cable car

Us at the Top!


Yesterday was a national holiday (Ascension Day, which is apparently when Jesus went to heaven--I don't exactly understand the chronology of the Jesus thing, but I'm not sure it matters), so nothing was open. We walked around a bit and went on a tour of a clock in Bern that's been working since the 1200s. Its cool to see stuff like that since the oldest stuff in the US is from the 1700s or so. When I get to Barcelona tomorrow I'll add pictures to this post.

I'm not sure how most people end their posts, so maybe I'll just end this one saying I can't wait to get to Barcelona and meet my roommate and everyone else on the program! Auf wiedersehen!

2 comments:

  1. Great idea.. can't wait to read more. Aunt Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mountain was the Schilthorn and it was a pleasure to have been up there with you.

    Francis

    ReplyDelete