Monday, June 6, 2011

Ayer en Barcelona

Yesterday we went to Barcelona for the first time! Because of construction on the train (requiring us to get off, get on a bus--but it was a nice coach bus, and get back on a train), it took way longer than usual. it looks like the train should only take about 40 minutes, but it took us over an hour to get there yesterday (they also run way more often on weekdays than Sundays).

When we got there, the train lets us off right in the middle of the city, at Las Ramblas. That's the major tourist street. The one next to it, which is the main shopping street, is right where my office is! It'll be super convenient but the shopping on the street might make it expensive to work there :(.

Las Ramblas--with Meri in the front
8 of us pretty quickly decided we wanted to go off together, and the two staff members our age (Tyler and Meri) came with us to show us to the beach, where things were open on Sunday. We got some pizza-like food (mine, of course, had blue cheese) and then sat at the beach for a while.

While we were sitting on the edge of the beach, this Russian man came up to us and originally was telling us "stop drinking beer, drink vodka!" then he realized we were all drinking cokes and proceeded to talk to us for five or ten more minutes about how he loved the US and thought Russia was like the devil. It reminded me of our "foreign exchange student" Boris who stayed with us back when Adam was in high school.

Then we took some mandatory beach pictures in the Mediterranean.
My roommate Kayla!

Can't decide if this picture is cool or really dumb.

6 of us at the beach!
After the beach, we got gelato at a really cool store that had some of the fanciest looking chocolates I've ever seen. I don't think it was a Spanish store, but it might have been. After that we headed back to campus (which, by the time we got back, was after 10). Overall, it was an awesome day. I'll probably blog less often once I start my job and everything, but for now I guess I'm blogging daily?



Also, I've never added pictures or anything to a blog before. Go me! ¡Adiós!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great day. So glad to see you are having fun. Keep blogging! -Aunt Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep blogging. The pictures look awesome. So jealous.

    ReplyDelete