Tuesday, July 5, 2011

France and Figueres


I went to France Saturday afternoon, and it was really cool. We just went to this really small town called Carcassonne, which was a fortified castle built in the 13th century. It was sort of like being at a Rennaissance fair, except that the stuff was real and no one was pretending to be living in the Rennaissance. I wish we'd been in France for longer than just an afternoon and an evening, but I had a great time for the few hours I was there. The tour was interesting and then exploring on our own was great. I tried Cassoulet, which is basically like a white bean stew with chicken or duck or something, and it was pretty good. But I also discovered that anything in France tastes delicious, even when its just hotel restaurant food. In other words, I'd just really like to go back to France.




On our way back, we stopped at Teatro Museu Dalí, which is a museum that Salvador Dalí designed himself. Its in his hometown in a destroyed theater. The whole museum is like an experiment in modern art, which totally makes sense if you know anything about Dalí. There are more pictures on facebook. That was pretty much it though. Other than that, I was on a bus.

But I leave for Rome tomorrow! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment